I know it has been more than a challenge to access the spelling words because of internet issues, so I will begin posting all the words with part of speech and definitions. Please make sure your child is ready for Friday’s Assessment on the following words.
I will post new lists every Monday, and the children will be tested on Friday.
Thank you for continued support of your child’s learning!
SpellingClassroom Word List Lesson 3
1. fix – v. 1 restore by replacing a part or putting together what is torn or broken; 2 prepare for eating by applying heat
2. pin – n. 1 a piece of jewelry that is fastened onto the wearer’s garment; 2 a small slender piece of wood or metal used to support or fasten or attach things; v. attach or fasten
3. rip – v. to cut open off or apart with force; tear; to be cut open or apart roughly; tear or split. n. the place where it has happened; tear; cut.
4. tip – n. 1 the extreme end of something; especially something pointed; 2 money given for services rendered as by a waiter; v. cause to tilt
5. sit – v. to rest the weight of the body upon the buttocks and the back of the thighs
6. him – pronoun and n. 1 a male human being; man; 2 a human being or animal whose sex is not specifically known or stated; whoever
7. hill – n. 1 a local and well-defined elevation of the land; 2 structure consisting of an artificial heap or bank usually of earth or stones
8. win – v. to achieve victory; n. an instance of defeating an enemy or opponent
9. bit – v. 1.to cut or pierce with the teeth; 2 to cause to sting or smart; 3.to take or swallow bait.